Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring and Summer: Nail Polish


Even though I am currently employed at a place that does not allow nail polish, I have my favorites. I'll paint my nails for 24 hours and scrub it off to go into work. Or paint my toe nails for a little cheer up. Here's a list of my favorite Spring/Summer colors:



Essie's Van D'Go
A creamy peachy pink. Was part of some collection last year. Not sure if it is part of their permanent line.

Essie's Topless & Barefoot
A creamy neutral nude. Honestly, not my favorite formula. But once I'm able to slap it all on, it looks so good with my skin tone. Part of a current collection.

China Glaze's Something Sweet
A creamy baby pink. I wore this color on Easter. China Glaze has my favorite nail polish formula; whatever it is. Not gloopy or sheer like Essie can be.

China Glaze's Purple Panic
A neon pinky-purple. The finish is listed as "neon," which somehow means it is semi-matte. I finish this one off with a clear top coat, otherwise it looks a little weird. The best summer toe color.

OPI's Hey! Get in Lime!
A creamy pale green with a bit of blue in it. More green than "Tiffany blue." This one doesn't even look that great with my skin tone. But I just love it too much and wear it a ton!

Obviously, my favorite nail polish finish is cream. It's classic; grown up. I'm totally the kind to do a boring taupe on my nails and glitterbomb my toe nails. But tomorrow is my day off... and even if sunshine is not in the forecast, bright nail polish sure is!

1 comment:

Vanessa Rae said...

you have to try shelac! nail polish that NEVER chips! it's my new favorite thing!