Sunday, February 06, 2011

Fresno memories


One of my many fond Fresno memories includes my brother James, Gramma Nadine, and an hour or two of put-put golf. I don't really know for sure how often we went. But as a kid, it felt like every time we stayed at Gramma Nadine's, we were treated to an awesome evening of miniature golf at Blackbeard's. Every once in awhile in the summer, we'd get to go to their water slides, but James and I mostly died to go play golf with our grandma. She'd blast baseball on the radio and drive on the little reflective bumps in the road on our way. James and I sat like angels in the car as we made our 3-mile trek. Once inside, with putters in hand and multi-colored golf balls on AstroTurf, it was ON. And Gramma usually got better scores than us... winning free slurpees or 5 extra prize tickets. Along with darts, wheelbarrow races, picking oranges, watching cable television, playing with her make up, watching her eat (she takes forever!), eating peanut m&m's, or rummaging through Uncle Richard's and mom's old toys, etc, etc; playing miniature golf with Gramma is one of the fondest memories I have with her.

David and I played miniature golf last night at a place in Redwood City called Malibu Grand Prix. And although it was pretty fun... I don't think it compares to how awesome Gramma Nadine made it for me and James.

Where are Nick and Mike in these memories!?

Hm...Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to call my loving gramma and tell her hello!! :)

1 comment:

mpwalker said...

Uh oh, you accidentally your two older brothers! I love this post.