Tuesday, August 20, 2013

11 months

              
   

One month til 1 year old. I'm actually so excited now! I'm sure on his birthday I will be all sentimental and sad-happy. But right now I'm just... Proud! Every day he learns something new. He's turning into a kid and it is so cool!

This month was a blur, so I'm not sure I have many details to share.

He's only having two servings of formula per day now. I giving him some whole milk and water as his other drinks throughout the day. He doesn't need handles on his cups anymore so we've moved onto Tommy Tippee straw cups and Playtex straw cups. He's a pro! Gotta teach him how to drink out of a real cup. He doesn't know to tilt his head back.

He mostly eats what we're eating now. Chows down on chicken, bananas, cantaloupe, grapes, and watermelon. Cereal with milk for breakfast. 

He's so mobile! Still just scooting (not crawling) and walking along furniture & walls. I don't even think he's really into any specific toys right now. He just really loves to explore. Maybe his favorite thing is to stand against the screen door & look outside. Or go behind the curtains and play so I can't see him. Or watch me cook in the kitchen. He always wants to know what I'm doing.

I think he might be pre-teething (is that a thing?). Since he got his 8 teeth a couple months ago, he hasn't really been into chewing toys. But he is chewing on toys and fingers and sofas again. Who knows... I don't see any signs of new teefers in his mouth. 

Tats all I can think of for now. We're planning his birthday party. I know, birthday parties for 1 year olds are kind of silly. But it's for the family to celebrate surviving parenthood for one year! And for me to not ever remember what labor felt like. :) 

Here's some photos.




   








No comments: