Friday, January 12, 2007

Lake Ming


I was driving around with Tasha, not knowing what to do with our nearly freezing afternoon. So we ventured down Fairfax Rd toward Hart Park. And through Hart Park we went, without a cat or peacock in sight, surprisingly. Usually that's how our Hart Park drives end up...being attacked by hungry birds or even more hungry kittens. We continued past the soccer park and onto the old Resort where Rebecca and Nick got married. I hadn't even realized that the resort isn't there anymore. Fenced off and overgrown. The small white gazebo still standing amongst it all. Two left turns brought us to Lake Ming. Only a few miles away from our home, and seconds away from places I've been many times before, I don't believe I had ever been to Lake Ming before. I don't think it is looked at with high regard, but today it was pretty. Not overly beautiful or anything, but pretty. We saw a lady sitting on bench looking out onto the water and decided to do the same. After a visit from a lot of birds, we headed back into the warm car and sped off. But it was nice, for those moments to just sit and watch. Watch the birds, the water, the dry hills, the houses, fishermen, off-roaders...etc.

And now I wait, just as anxious as the rest of the family, for another generation to begin...

No comments: