Friday, May 17, 2013

8 months old

My little love bug is 8 months old today! I just keep thinking... He's almost 1. I need to really enjoy these months and days. Because it really does go by fast.

He's about 22 lbs and 30" long/tall I think. He's getting so chunky. Needs to learn how to crawl soon to lose some chub! Or not. That's ok too. His hair is still slowly growing in. Fitting into mostly 9 month size clothing. It depends on the brand. But I have his 12 month stuff in the bottom drawer of his dresser because I think, any day now, nothing will button anymore.

I thought I'd do a Favorite Things post. Things Oliver seems to enjoy & things we enjoy for him.

1. Silicon spatula. Never underestimate the power of a kitchen utensil as a toy. He loves chewing on the handle!
2. Snack time. He's really into yogurt, veggie straws, and BLUEBERRIES. Though, a poopy diaper post-blueberry snack is quite amusing.
3. Ergo Baby Carrier. We love it because he never gets fussy in it, it's comfortable, and you don't have to fuss with a stroller to get through the door. I think he loves it because it feels like a hug (a la Temple Grandin?)
4. Itsy-Bitsy Spider. He's been struggling a tiny bit with going to bed lately because of separation anxiety. But he falls right to sleep if we sing itsy-bitsy spider... Or play it from this link on YouTube. (http://youtu.be/Wze27LeyF4Q)
5. Shopping carts. I don't know why, but he is ALL smiles when he gets to ride in a shopping cart.
6. Hand-me-down clothes. David's co-worker has a son 2 months older than Oliver. He's quite a chunker, so I hear, and she has given us a ton of his old clothes. Nice stuff, too! Baby Gap! Yes!

...ok there's more but he just woke up from his nap. Happy 8 months, big guy. :)
 8 month old picture.

 Kaleidoscope

 Swaddled up for fun because he was getting fussy. It worked!

 Roaming around Mt Hermon on Mother's Day.

 Oliver's new hat

 Enjoying the park.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Aww. I love this. I love you. And I love baby Oliver!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for this very informative article buy-twitter-followers...